Transforming Educators into Administrative Leaders
Earn your principal licensure and become a leader within your school and local community.
Those in positions of educational leadership often make the biggest impact on their students. Created especially for working teachers who wish to earn their Indiana K-12 Building Level Administrator license, the online School Administration licensure program at Bethel University successfully prepares you for the next phase of your career.
Our online school administrator license program is designed to help you gain both academic understanding and practical, hands-on experience in working at higher levels of educational leadership. You’ll study key topics like accountability, community relations, staff development, and budgeting, as well as current issues in your field. In addition, a required internship allows you to gain real-world training, giving you the edge you need to successfully increase your earning potential and begin your new career as soon as possible.
Because our professors currently work in their field of instruction, you’ll be able to take advantage of beneficial networking opportunities that can help you go further.
The online School Administrator Licensure program also offers the ultimate in flexibility. Because our classes are online, you’ll have the capacity to balance both your education and your life. We offer six start dates per year and seven-week classes, allowing you to begin, pause, or accelerate your degree program at a pace that works for you. The program can be completed in as little as one year.
Bethel University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission to grant bachelor’s and master’s degrees. The Higher Learning Commission is one of six regional accrediting agencies in the United States. Institutional accreditation evaluates an entire institution and accredits it as a whole.
Program DetailsLeads to Licensure
Bethel’s school administrator license program offers a relevant curriculum that prepares you to go further in your career. The course of study consists of 20 credit hours, including 17 in the classroom, and three credit hours for a related internship.
- EDAD 501: Current Issues in Educational Leadership (3)
- EDAD 541: School-Community Relations & Accountability (3)
- EDAD 651: Personnel & Staff Development (2)
- EDAD 661: School Finance & Budgeting (3)
- EDAD 681: Educational Policy & Legal Perspectives (3)
- EDAD 685: Ethics of School Leadership (3)
- EDAD 690: Internship in School Administration (3)
The Internship in School Administration requires 220 hours to be completed in two semesters. The hours must be done at two levels: elementary, middle, or high school.
- 145 hours at one level
- 75 hours at a second level
Admission RequirementsCandidates for Bethel’s online school administrator license will need to submit the following:
- Online graduate application
- Official transcripts
- A 300-word (or more) autobiography, including the candidate’s recent work in education, reason for seeking entry into the program, and significant events in his or her career. Candidates should define their character in terms of basic values, commitment to graduate studies, their philosophy and their worldview.
- An updated resumé
- Two letters of recommendation. Forms are sent electronically for candidates to share.
- A current Indiana teaching license.**
Candidates must also schedule an interview prior to admission.
** If a candidate’s license needs to be renewed, he or she may do so through the course of study.
Tuition and Fees
Bethel has long been touted for its value. We were ranked No. 2 on Washington Monthly’s Best Bang for the Buck-Midwest list, listed as one of the 50 Best Value Christian Colleges by Christian Universities Online, and have made it to the top tier of U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Regional Universities- Midwest” list for 15 consecutive years.
|What will my degree cost?|
|Total with Transfer Credits||$4,645|
|Full Program Tuition||$395 per credit hour||$7,900|
|Full Program Fees***||$150 assessment fee (full time student)||$450|
|Full Program Total||$8,350|
|Tuition with Maximum Transfer Credits (Up to 9)||$395 per credit hour||$4,345|
|Fees with Maximum Transfer Credits (Up to 9)***||$150 assessment fee (full time student)||$300|
* Transfer graduate-level credit must be petitioned with department for approval.
*** Fees are charged per semester unless otherwise noted. This program takes an estimated two to three semesters to complete, depending on transfer credits.
The college has a monthly installment plan available through Tuition Management Systems. The fee to use this plan is $40. The payment plan is available through the college’s business office. Enrollment and budget adjustments can be completed online by accessing bethelcollege.afford.com or by calling 800.722.4867.
A school administrator license can lead to a number of exciting new careers. Here are just a few. Career information taken from Payscale.com.
High school principals oversee all administrative aspects of a particular high school. They may be responsible for assessing and managing curricula, supervising teachers, establishing and enforcing academic and behavioral standards, ensuring legal compliance, and other related tasks. Those who work in this profession earn a median annual salary of $87,724.
Assistant principals supervise and manage a variety of areas within elementary, middle, and high schools. They may be responsible for enforcing standards related to curricula and discipline, working with teachers to address classroom management issues, managing supplies and purchasing needs, and collaborating with other members of leadership to meet organizational goals. These individuals earn a median annual salary of $70,847.
Curriculum specialists assess and design how curricula are implemented within school systems. They may be responsible for designing new learning initiatives, making recommendations on teaching materials and techniques, developing tests and scoring guides, interpreting statistics about curricula, working with advisory committees, and other relevant duties. These individuals earn a median annual salary of $54,280.
Learn more about this program and other online academic opportunities at Bethel. Once you complete this form, here’s what you can expect from us:
- A friendly phone call. We’ll contact you within 24 hours, ready to answer all of your questions.
- An information packet. Look for our email. We’ll send you a digital packet containing important information about Bethel including academics, admissions, financial aid, and more.
- Personalized treatment. You’ll get immediate access to your own dedicated and knowledgeable enrollment counselor. They’ll ask you more about your goals at Bethel, and walk you through everything you need to know to apply.