Become a Leader in Your Field
Advance your career and prepare for success
Bethel University’s online Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership prepares you to succeed in management and leadership, making strategic decisions and creating a competitive advantage for your company.
Coursework in the online organizational leadership master’s program emphasizes problem solving and qualitative learning. You will gain valuable management expertise along with the knowledge, skills and tools to lead teams and improve outcomes in organizational leadership careers.
Featuring expert faculty and an organizational leadership curriculum made up of essential topics like leadership theory, global business, business policy and ethics, this 100% online degree can be completed in just 12 months of full-time study. The format emphasizes flexibility and is designed for working adults. Accelerated courses mean you can finish your online organizational leadership master’s degree faster while maintaining your professional commitments.
Upon program completion, you will be qualified to apply what you’ve learned directly in the workplace as a leader and innovator. Graduates are prepared for organizational leadership careers including roles in human resources, non-profit management, entrepreneurship and more.
Bethel is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) to grant bachelor’s and master’s degrees. The HLC is one of six regional accrediting agencies in the United States. Institutional accreditation evaluates an entire institution and accredits it as a whole.
*Transfer of graduate-level credit must be petitioned with department for approval.
Begin Your Bethel Journey
Bethel’s organizational leadership curriculum includes 27 hours of required coursework, 9 elective credits and additional elective options with an emphasis on qualitative learning for a total of 36 credit hours.
- MLED 506: Organizational Behavior (3)
- MLED 527: Strategic Planning Organizational Change (3)
- MLED 530: Organizational Communication (3)
- MBAD 503: Management in Action (3)
- MBAD 504: Leadership Theory & Applications (3)
- MBAD 506: Global Business Environment (3)
- MBAD 511: Human Resource Management (3)
- MBAD 523: Values and Ethics in Leadership (3)
- MBAD 524: Business Policy and Ethical Decision-Making (3)
- MBAD 512: Topics in Not-for-Profit Management (3)
- MBAD 513: Marketing Strategy & Policy (3)
- MBAD 527: Legal Environment of Business (3)
- MBAD 529: Contemporary Issues in Business Administration (3)
- MBAD 531: Entrepreneurship (3)
- MLED 540: Economic Perspectives (3)
- MBAD 509: Statistical Methods for Business Decisions (3)
- MBAD 510: Investments (3)
- MBAD 516: Accounting & Managerial Decision-Making (3)
- MBAD 526: Financial Analysis & Capital Budgeting (3)
- MLED 550: Fundraising & Board Development (3)
- MLED 553: Managing and Supporting Innovation (3)
*Students can take quantitative courses as electives as part of the organizational leadership curriculum but may need to complete prerequisites or speak with faculty to ensure the courses are a good fit.
- Online graduate application.
- Official transcripts (in sealed envelopes) from high school/GED classes or undergraduate work, from all previous schools, if you have completed 30+ hours.
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally-accredited college or university with a 2.50 or higher GPA.
- Students whose native language is not English must score 540 or higher on the paper version, 207 or higher on the computer version, or 76 or higher on the internet version of the TOEFL. Students who have earned a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution of higher learning are not required to take the TOEFL.
Applicants with a degree from a non-accredited institution will be considered individually and validating additional undergraduate course work or examinations may be required. Applicants with a GPA below 2.5 may be considered for conditional admission at the discretion of the program director. GMAT scores are not required for admission to the online organizational leadership master’s program at Bethel University.
Tuition and Fees
Bethel has long been touted for its value. We were ranked No. 19 on Washington Monthly’s Best Bang for the Buck – Midwest list, listed as one of the 50 Best Value Christian colleges and have made it to the top tier of U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Regional Universities – Midwest” list for 16 consecutive years.
|What will my degree cost?|
|Total with Transfer Credits||$13,195|
|Full Program Tuition||$475 per credit hour||$17,100|
|Full Program Fees*||$185 assessment fee (full time student)||$555|
|Full Program Total||$17,655|
|Tuition with Maximum Transfer Credits (Up to 9)||$475 per credit hour||$12,825|
|Fees with Maximum Transfer Credits (Up to 9)**||$185 assessment fee (full time student)||$370|
*Fees are charged per semester unless otherwise noted. This program takes four to six semesters to complete, depending on transfer credits.
**Transfer of graduate-level credit must be petitioned with department for approval.
Bethel’s Payment Plan:
The college has a monthly installment plan available through Nelnet Campus Commerce. Enrollment can be completed online by accessing the student billing link through MyBethel or by calling 800.609.8056. Students will be charged an enrollment fee of $40.
Financial AidBethel University is committed to ensuring that all our students receive an affordable education. We are proud to offer extraordinarily competitive tuition rates.
We offer financial aid based on need, and military benefits and are proud to offer extraordinarily competitive tuition rates.
To learn more about your financial aid options or submit a FAFSA, please see our Financial Aid page.
Earning the online organizational leadership master’s degree prepares graduates for success in organizational leadership careers such as the following. Career information is from the Bureau of Labor Statistics and PayScale.com.
CEOs and other top executives develop and implement strategies to ensure that organizations meet their goals. They direct operational activities from multiple departments and collaborate with other business leaders and board members. The median salary for top executives is $104,980.
Human resources managers are responsible for coordinating the administrative operations of organizations. They oversee recruiting, hiring, and employee training, connecting a business’s employees with its managers. The median salary for this role is $113,300.
These professionals lead team members and oversee the daily activities of their organization. They are responsible for directing fundraising efforts, attending board meetings, representing the organization at events and more. The median salary for this role is $62,270.
Learn more about this program and other online academic opportunities at Bethel. Once you complete this form, here’s what you can expect from us:
- A friendly phone call. We’ll contact you within 24 hours, ready to answer all of your questions.
- Personalized treatment. You’ll get immediate access to your own dedicated and knowledgeable enrollment counselor. They’ll ask you more about your goals at Bethel, and walk you through everything you need to know to apply.