Change the World Through Ministry
Advance your ministry career and become a leader in the church.
Follow your calling with Bethel University’s online Master of Arts in Ministry degree (MAR degree). Designed for individuals who want to build a strong foundation for professional ministry, our online MA of Ministry degree program increases your biblical and theological understanding to help you provide Christ-centered leadership in the contemporary world.
Bethel’s ministry curriculum covers relevant topics such as spiritual formation, Christian Apologetics, multicultural ministry, and more. Our program is unique in its emphasis on biblical literacy. We require a wide range of Bible courses, allowing you to become proficient in biblical texts. In addition, our extensive elective requirements allow you the opportunity to tailor your course of study to meet your personal career goals. If you wish to pursue further study, our Master of Arts in Ministry online degree (MAR degree) is structured to easily allow you to transition into our Master of Arts in Theological Studies (MATS) program. Those who wish to directly begin work are well prepared for positions of religious management, such as a Senior Pastor.
Our fully online ministry program offers the ultimate flexibility for working adults. With six start dates per year, you’ll have the opportunity to complete your degree at your own pace. The program can be completed in as little as a year and a half.
Accreditation & Memberships
Bethel University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission to grant bachelor’s and master’s degrees. The Higher Learning Commission is one of six regional accrediting agencies in the United States. Institutional accreditation evaluates an entire institution and accredits it as a whole. In addition, Bethel is a member of the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU).
*Transfer graduate-level credit must be petitioned with department for approval.
Begin Your Bethel Journey
Bethel’s online MA in Ministry degree (MAR degree) combines a rigorous curriculum with opportunities towards deep spiritual growth. The program consists of 36 credit hours, including 18 hours in required courses and 18 hours in electives of your choice.
- BBST 531: Interpreting the New Testament (3)
- BBST 532: Interpreting the Old Testament (3)
- CHMN 516: Spiritual Formation (3)
- CHMN 522: Dynamics of Multicultural Ministry (3)
- THES 531: Systematic Theology (3)
- THES 535/536: Christian Apologetics/ Philosophy of Religion (3)
- CHMN XXX: Select a minimum of 3 credit hours (3-15)
- BBST XXX: Select a minimum of 3 credit hours (3-15)
- THES XXX (1-15)
Admission RequirementsCandidates for Bethel’s online MA in Ministry will need to submit the following:
- Online graduate application
- Official transcripts for any undergraduate or graduate work. Students must hold a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, and must have a GPA of 2.5 or higher**
- Biographical sketch of 300 words covering your history, personal religious faith, why you are taking graduate studies, and why you selected Bethel University
- Three Graduate Reference Forms. These must be from your pastor or qualified spiritual mentor, a former professor or teacher, and another person who is not your relative.
** Students with less than a 2.5 GPA may be granted conditional admissions with the program director’s approval.
Tuition and Fees
Bethel has long been touted for its value. We were ranked #2 on Washington Monthly’s “Best Bang for the Buck-Midwest” list, listed as one of the 50 Best Value Christian Colleges, and have made it to the top tier of US News and World Report for 15 consecutive years.
|What will my degree cost?|
|Total with Transfer Credits||$6,080|
|Full Program Tuition||$320 per credit hour||$11,520|
|Full Program Fees***||$160 assessment fee (full time student)||$480|
|Full Program Total||$12,000|
|Tuition with Maximum Transfer Credits (Up to 18)||$320 per credit hour||$5,760|
|Fees with Maximum Transfer Credits (Up to 18)***||$160 assessment fee (full time student)||$320|
***Fees are charged per semester unless otherwise noted. This program takes an estimated two to three semesters to complete, excluding transfer credits.
Bethel’s Payment Plan:
The college has a monthly installment plan available through Tuition Management Systems. The fee to use this plan is $40. The payment plan is available through the college’s business office. Enrollment and budget adjustments can be completed online by accessing bethelcollege.afford.com or by calling 800.722.4867.
Financial AidBethel University is committed to ensuring that all our students receive an affordable education. We are proud to offer extraordinarily competitive tuition rates.
We offer financial aid based on need, and military benefits and are proud to offer extraordinarily competitive tuition rates.
To learn more about your financial aid options or submit a FAFSA, please see our Financial Aid page.
When you earn your online MA in Ministry (MAR degree), you open up doors to a wide range of religious careers. Here are just a few. Career information taken from Payscale.com.
Chaplains provide religious counseling to members of the public, usually for hospitals, healthcare facilities, or the military. Their responsibilities may include offering spiritual and emotional support, coordinating spiritual and bereavement services, catering their services to a wide range of religious backgrounds, and other related duties. These individuals make a median annual salary of $48,485.
Senior pastors work as the leaders of their churches. Their responsibilities may include overseeing administrative functions, preaching to their congregations, building relationships between the church and their community, conducting ceremonies such as weddings or funerals, and other related duties. These individuals make a median annual salary of $57,321.
Program managers at religious non-profits oversee specific projects related to the organization’s mission. Responsibilities may include handling budgets, organizing activities, managing staff, ensuring a high standard of quality for their programs, and related tasks. These individuals make a median annual salary of $49,296.
Learn more about this program and other online academic opportunities at Bethel. Once you complete this form, here’s what you can expect from us:
- A friendly phone call. We’ll contact you within 24 hours, ready to answer all of your questions.
- An information packet. Look for our email. We’ll send you a digital packet containing important information about Bethel including academics, admissions, financial aid, and more.
- Personalized treatment. You’ll get immediate access to your own dedicated and knowledgeable enrollment counselor. They’ll ask you more about your goals at Bethel, and walk you through everything you need to know to apply.