Become a Leader in the Athletics Industry
Advance Your Career and Develop In-Demand Skills
Take the next step in your career in a field you’re passionate about with Bethel University’s online Master of Arts in Sport Administration degree. This program prepares students for careers in intercollegiate athletics, sport governance and more. With a rigorous curriculum focused on key topics in leadership, marketing, finance and compliance, graduates of this program have the knowledge and experience to succeed in this growing field. Students also complete an internship as part of their studies, gaining hands-on experience they can directly apply in the workplace.
Our online master’s in sport administration is taught by world-class instructors with decades of relevant experience. Because the program is delivered fully online, it allows you to study on your schedule and balance work and academic commitments. As an accelerated course of study, it can be completed in 18 months.
Bethel University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission to grant bachelor’s and master’s degrees. The Higher Learning Commission is one of six regional accrediting agencies in the United States. Institutional accreditation evaluates an entire institution and accredits it as a whole.
Bethel’s online MA in Sport Administration features a combination of theory and practical, hands-on application. It consists of 33 credit hours, including 18 hours of Sport Administration coursework, 12 of intercollegiate athletics compliance coursework and 3 internship credits.
- MSA 510: Governance and Policy in Sport
- MSA 515: Legal Aspects of Sport
- MSA 520: Sport Leadership and Management
- MSA 525: Gender Equity in Scholastic Sports
- MSA 530: Research Methods in Sport Management
- MSA 540: Sport Marketing for Sport Consumer Behavior
- MSA 610: NCAA Compliance
- MSA 615: NAIA Compliance
- MSA 620: Intercollegiate Athletics Association
- MSA 540: Sport Marketing or Sport Consumer Behavior
- MSA 600: Internship in Sport Administration
- MSA 625: Capstone Project in Sport Administration
MSA 510, MSA 515, MSA 520, MSA 530 and MSA 525
- MSA 535: Special topics in Sport Administration and Intercollegiate Compliance
Admission RequirementsCandidates for Bethel’s online M.A. in Sport Administration will need to submit the following:
- Online graduate application
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution (preferably with a degree in sport management business administration, exercise science, physical education or closely related field).
- 2.75 or higher undergraduate GPA for unconditional admission*
- Official transcripts
- A 300-word (or more) personal statement including a brief autobiography, work history and how they think completing the MA in Sport Administration will help them with their career goals. Candidates should define their character in terms of basic values, commitment to graduate studies, their philosophy and their worldview.
- Current résumé
- Three letters of recommendation. One from an academic reference and two from a professional references (employer, mentor, spiritual).
* Conditional admission may be granted for students with an undergraduate GPA lower than 2.75, but they must complete the 15-hour Sport Administration core with a GPA of 3.0 or better to continue.
Tuition and Fees
Bethel has long been touted for its value. We were ranked No. 2 on Washington Monthly’s Best Bang for the Buck-Midwest list, listed as one of the 50 Best Value Christian Colleges, and have made it to the top tier of U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Regional Universities-Midwest” list for 15 consecutive years.
|What will my degree cost?|
|Total with Transfer Credits||$6,375|
|Full Program Tuition||$395 per credit hour||$13,035|
|Full Program Fees*||$150 (full time student)||$600|
|Full Program Total||$13,635|
|Tuition with Maximum Transfer Credits (Up to 18)||$395 per credit hour||$5,925|
|Fees with Maximum Transfer Credits (Up to 18)*||$150 (full-time student)||$450|
*Fees are charged per semester unless otherwise noted. This program takes three to four semesters to complete.
The college has a monthly installment plan available through Tuition Management Systems. The fee to use this plan is $40. The payment plan is available through the college’s business office. Enrollment and budget adjustments can be completed online by accessing bethelcollege.afford.com or by calling 800.722.4867.
Financial AidBethel University is committed to ensuring that all our students receive an affordable education.
We offer financial aid based on need, and military benefits and are proud to offer extraordinarily competitive tuition rates.
To learn more about your financial aid options or submit a FAFSA, please see our Financial Aid page.
Our online master’s in sport administration prepares graduates for careers listed. Career information from PayScale.com.
Athletic directors provide guidance and strategy for a school’s sports programs. They work closely with coaches and other members of the staff to ensure athletes have the resources they need. The median annual salary for this role is $59,837.
Athletic facilities coordinators oversee and coordinate use of athletic facilities. They might also perform administrative and organizational duties as needed. The median annual salary for athletic facilities coordinators is $45,978
Sports marketing consultants develop and implement plans to promote sports teams, events and players. They help create a brand and positive public perception. The median annual salary for these professionals is $56,603.
Sports managers carry out the organizational and administrative work involved in sports, usually at the collegiate or professional level. They also recruit players and hire coaches and other athletic staff. The median annual salary for this role is $48,980.
Learn more about this program and other online academic opportunities at Bethel. Once you complete this form, here’s what you can expect from us:
- A friendly phone call. We’ll contact you within 24 hours, ready to answer all of your questions.
- An information packet. Look for our email. We’ll send you a digital packet containing important information about Bethel including academics, admissions, financial aid, and more.
- Personalized treatment. You’ll get immediate access to your own dedicated and knowledgeable enrollment counselor. They’ll ask you more about your goals at Bethel, and walk you through everything you need to know to apply.