The Next Step in Your Christian Leadership and Management Career
Follow your calling to religious leadership
Establish yourself as a religious leader with the online Christian leadership bachelor’s degree at Bethel University. Designed for those seeking to advance their careers within their churches or Christian organizations, our online Christian management courses help you gain the skills and credibility you need to become a frontrunner in your calling.
- Online Christian management courses are delivered in an asynchronous format, allowing you to attend class at a time that works around your schedule.
- A comprehensive curriculum combines in-depth theological studies with the practical training you need to effectively lead a faith community.
- We incorporate the growth of the whole person and cover everything from biblical interpretation to the Christian world mission to discipleship.
- All courses at Bethel are taught by professors who have extensive theological and philosophical knowledge and ministry experience.
- With six start dates to choose from, complete the online Christian leadership and management degree in just 12 months of full-time study. A part-time study option is also available.
Our Christian leadership online degree can lead to any number of exciting and rewarding careers and even serve as a stepping stone to our online MA in Ministry program.
- Whether you are stepping into a new career or looking for career advancement, the online Christian leadership program prepares graduates to serve as a minister or in other areas of ministry
- Specific career opportunities include senior pastor, youth pastor and church administrator
Accreditation & Rankings
Bethel University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission to grant bachelor’s and master’s degrees. The Higher Learning Commission is one of six regional accrediting agencies in the United States. Institutional accreditation evaluates an entire institution and accredits it as a whole.
- Ranked No. 30, Regional Universities Midwest, U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked No. 19, Best Bang for the Buck – Midwest, Washington Monthly
- Ranked No. 16, Best Undergraduate Teaching – Regional Universities Midwest, U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best 30 Christian Colleges in 2021 by Best Value Schools for its extra focus on nurturing the Christian spirit
Bethel is one of 10 Indiana colleges to be recognized as a 2020 College of Distinction. This honor is given to colleges and universities that excel in the Four Distinctions: engaged students, great teaching, vibrant communities and successful outcomes.
Bethel University is one of 63 schools in the nation to be named a 2020 Christian College of Distinction. Our online Christian leadership and management degree is ideal for those seeking administrative or executive positions in Christian careers.
Begin Your Bethel Journey
Bethel’s online Christian leadership degree combines a rigorous curriculum with opportunities to develop spiritual maturity and growth. The program consists of general education courses, general electives and major courses in Christian leadership.
General education courses offer an introduction to the arts and sciences within a college setting. Through this comprehensive course of study, students will gain appreciation for a broad range of subjects and build the skills necessary to succeed in higher education. Thirty-six credit hours are required of general education courses.
Electives allow students to dive deeper into a wide range of subjects, and provide the opportunity to tailor a course of study based on interests and academic goals. Students are required to earn 45 credit hours of electives.
- Students may transfer credit from other accredited institutions, provided the courses are equivalent to required Bethel courses and the student earned a grade of C or better.
- CLEP testing available for select courses.
- BIBL 201: Biblical Interpretation
- BIBL 331: Pentateuch & Historical Books
- BIBL 332 or 333: Poetic Books/Old Testament Prophets
- BIBL 341: Jesus & the Gospels
- BIBL 342 or 343: Acts & Paul or General Epistles
- MIN 210: The Christian World Mission
- MIN 215: Foundations of Christian Ministry
- MIN 310: Evangelism & Discipleship
- MIN 320: Fundamentals of Christian Leadership
- MIN 441: Homiletics
- THEO 310: Systematic Theology I
- XXX: Ministry/Theology/Bible/Youth Ministry
Admission RequirementsUndergraduate programs require:
- Online undergraduate application
- Submit your official transcripts (directly from the institution to Bethel) from all undergraduate work. If you have completed less than 30 credit hours, also submit your official high school or GED transcript
- Minimum 2.0 GPA
- Show proficiency by either submitting your official SAT or ACT scores, completing a college-level English or math course or taking Bethel’s placement tests
Tuition and Fees
Bethel has long been touted for its value. We were ranked No. 2 on Washington Monthly’s Best Bang for the Buck-Midwest list, listed as one of the 30 Best Value Christian Colleges, and have made it to the top tier of U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Regional Universities-Midwest” list for 15 consecutive years.
|What will my degree cost?|
|Total with Transfer Credits||$13,560|
|Full Program Tuition||$430 per credit hour||$51,600|
|Full Program Fees*||$220 (full time student)||$2,200|
|Full Program Total||$53,800|
|Tuition with Maximum Transfer Credits (Up to 90)||$430 per credit hour||$12,900|
|Fees with Maximum Transfer Credits (Up to 90)*||$220 (full time student)||$660|
*Fees are charged per semester unless otherwise noted. This program takes an estimated four to eight semesters to complete, depending on transfer credits.
The college has a monthly installment plan available through Nelnet Campus Commerce. Enrollment can be completed online by accessing the student billing link through MyBethel or by calling 800.609.8056. Students will be charged an enrollment fee of $40.
Financial AidBethel University is committed to ensuring that all our students receive an affordable education.
We offer financial aid based on need, and military benefits and are proud to offer extraordinarily competitive tuition rates.
To learn more about your financial aid options or submit a FAFSA, please see our Financial Aid page.
Our Christian leadership online degree can lead to any number of rewarding careers in several industries and even serve as a stepping stone to further study. Here are just a few options available to graduates. Career information is taken from Payscale.com.
Senior pastors serve as the main point of leadership for churches and their members. They may be responsible for planning worship services, writing sermons, counseling congregants, conducting ceremonies such as weddings and funerals, and additionally overseeing administrative functions within the church. These individuals earn a median annual salary of $57,392.
Youth pastors are responsible for creating and facilitating ministry services for children and teenagers. They may be called to lead bible studies, recruit students for mission trips, promote community service, provide counseling services, work with families, and a host of related duties. These individuals earn a median annual salary of $36,583.
Church administrators are responsible for daily operations of the church. They may create budgets, oversee church communications, coordinate volunteers, schedule events, and handle a host of other duties. These individuals earn a median annual salary of $38,642.
Learn more about this program and other online academic opportunities at Bethel. Once you complete this form, here’s what you can expect from us:
- A friendly phone call. We’ll contact you within 24 hours, ready to answer all of your questions.
- Personalized treatment. You’ll get immediate access to your own dedicated and knowledgeable enrollment counselor. They’ll ask you more about your goals at Bethel, and walk you through everything you need to know to apply.